Flight Information (click to open)
When booking your flights to and from Miami, Florida for The Lebrewski Cruise, we suggest that you consider arriving a day or two earlier so that you can take advantage of the local attractions in the Miami area. This also helps to avoid potential flight delays, baggage collection and transfer problems that could occur. However, if you need to arrive the day of The Lebrewski Cruise, please arrive no later than 11 am on Tuesday, March 1st. We also recommend that you schedule your departure for no earlier than 12 pm on Saturday, March 5th, in the event there is a delay in debarkation. If you plan to fly into or out of Fort Lauderdale, please add an additional 1-2 hours for travel in the event of traffic.
Ground Transportation (click to open)
Conveniently located in the heart of Dade County near downtown Miami is easily accessible from area airports and hotels by car, taxi, and shuttle. Distance from the Port of Miami to:
Miami International Airport (MIA): 8 miles (25 minutes) Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport (FLL): 25 miles (45 minutes)
The Miami International Airport (MIA) is the closest area airport to Port Miami
Taxi fare from Miami Airport to Port Miami is currently a flat rate of $24 (prices subject to change).
As of April 15, 2014, a $1.00 fuel surcharge is now added to every trip due to an increase in gas prices. Taxicab drivers are required to obtain a fuel surcharge decal and post it on the vehicle’s rear passenger side window.
For other destinations, the cab fare is $2.40 upon entering the taxicab and $2.40 per mile thereafter.
Many area hotels provide bus/shuttle transportation between Miami and the hotel for pre-booked reservations. You should contact your hotel for available options and details. Here are two airport shuttle options, servicing the greater Miami and Ft. Lauderdale areas:
A number of car rental firms are licensed to do business at Port of Miami. Some companies provide shuttle service from the cruise terminals to their off-site but nearby rental locations. We suggest you confirm shuttle service with the car rental service prior to reserving a vehicle.
There are three entrances into Port of Miami. If using a GPS device, use 1015 N. America Way, Miami Florida 33132 as your destination address. Once at the Bridge to the Port, follow the signs to the designated terminal.
- When travelling on I-95 south, take Exit #3B Bayside. Head South to NE 5th Street and turn left. Fifth Street will lead on to the Port Miami Bridge. Continue over the bridge and follow the signs to the designated terminal.
- When traveling on I-95 north, Exit at Northwest 2nd Street. Head straight to NW 5th Street and make a right. Fifth Street will lead onto the Port Miami Bridge. Continue over the bridge and follow the signs to the designated terminal.
- Click Here for a Map
Port of Miami (click to open)
1015 N. America Way
Miami, FL 33132
Miami International Airport (MIA)
8 miles from Port Miami. Travel time is approximately 25 minutes.
Ft. Lauderdale International Airport (FLL)
25 miles from Port Miami Travel time is approximately 45 minutes.
We recommend that if you are booking your flights to your cruise from Miami that you consider arriving a day or two earlier so that you can take advantage of the local attractions in the Miami area. This also helps to avoid potential flight delays, baggage collection and transfer problems that could occur.
If you are arriving on the same day your cruise departs, please schedule your arrival and departure flights as follows:
- Miami – arrive no later than 11:00 am. Depart no earlier than 12:00 pm
- Ft. Lauderdale – arrive no later than 10:00 am. Depart no earlier than 1:00 pm.
Port Miami Parking
Parking is conveniently available at all cruise terminals. Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage. Spaces are also available for oversized vehicles (oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers) at special rates. All facilities are patrolled by security. Oversized vehicles may only park in Lot #2, across from Cruise Terminal E.
Hours and Access
On cruise days only, all garages and Lot #2 are open and manned by a parking attendent from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note that Garage J is pre-paid only. To access parking garages and Lot 2 on non-cruise days, please contact PortMiami Cruise Operations or Port Security at 305-347-4800.
Overnight Parking: $20
Short-term Parking; $7
Vehicles longer than 20 feet: An additional $20 per day
All garages and Lot E access cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover or any major U.S. Traveler’s Check. Debit cards are NOT accepted.
For Disabled Persons
Notice to Disabled Parking Patrons (Effective November 16, 2013 at 12:01 a.m.)
Based on Ordinance 13-104 That Amends Section 30-338.2 of the Miami–Dade County Code;
Public parking charges will apply to vehicles parking at PortMiami’s public parking facilities that display a disabled parking permit or license tag, except as provided by Florida state law*. However, a vehicle displaying a disabled parking permit or license tag will be allowed up to two (2) hours of free parking. Any vehicle exceeding the two-hour free parking period will be charged for the entire time the vehicle uses the facility.
*In accordance with Florida state law, no parking charges will be imposed on any vehicle with specialized equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls, for use by a person with a disability, or any vehicle displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit.
How to request complimentary disabled parking at PortMiami:
- At the exit, advise the parking attendant that you would like a disability waiver of parking.
- The parking attendant will examine your vehicle to determine if the driver/vehicle meets the criteria for a parking waiver.
- The parking attendant will inspect the vehicle to determine if a Florida Turnpike Toll Exemption sticker is affixed to it and/or if the vehicle has specialized equipment and a hanging tag from the Division of Motor Vehicles verifying the equipment.
- Once the parking attendant has verified that a disability waiver of parking is allowable, the driver’s name, address and the registration number on the sticker or hanging tag will be recorded on a form by the parking attendant.